[CounterCorp] ONE WEEK! 2009 Anti-Corporate Film Festival: May 28-30

CounterCorp News and Events List countercorp-news at countercorp.org
Fri May 22 03:24:41 EDT 2009

Dear CounterCorp supporters,

In one week, we'll be welcoming many of you back to the Victoria
Theatre on 16th Street for the opening night of the 4th Annual
CounterCorp Anti-Corporate Film Festival. It's hard to believe that
it's been four years -- and four Festivals -- already, but time sure
flies when you're fighting corporate power.

This year's CounterCorp Festival promises to be the most ambitious so
far, for a number of reasons:

1) By moving from October to May, we substantially reduced the amount
of time we had to organize the Festival and raise money for it.

2) We've arranged for the directors of three of our six films to come
to San Francisco -- from Seattle, Los Angeles, and Montreal(!) -- for
post-screening discussions about the issues raised in their films, and
audience questions.

3) For the first time, we're having an opening night party, which is
something we've wanted to do for a while now. It'll be held at the San
Francisco Media Archive, which is located on 275 Capp Street (between
17th and 18th Streets), a short two-block walk from the theater.

The Archive is a working film repository in a funky second-floor
warehouse space, complete with a bar and screening area. Tickets
(available through the CounterCorp website) are $10 and include local
organic food prepared by sustainable farming and nutrition activist
Ellen Roggeman, two drinks (wine and beer), and a short film program.

4) Perhaps most importantly, we have t-shirts. Yes, genuine first
edition, collector-quality CounterCorp t-shirts that'll impress your
friends and intimidate your enemies. These 100% organic cotton, non-
sweatshop shirts are available in three sizes (S, M, L) but only one
color so far -- black.

The front features graphic design wizard John Musgrove's iconic
"Tipping Man" logo, and the back includes our pithy slogan, "Putting
an End to Business as Usual". To see the design and order a shirt of
your very own, go to www.countercorp.org/countercorp-tshirts.htm.

But wait, there's more: Your CounterCorp t-shirt will enable you to
save money *and* civilization at the same time. If you wear your shirt
to selected CounterCorp film screenings or other events, you'll get in
at a discount -- or even free! These special offers will be announced
on our website and this e-mail list prior to each event, so stay
tuned ...

Now, let's talk about what YOU can do for CounterCorp: Basically,
help promote the Film Festival. We need everyone to send information
about the Festival to your friends, family, neighbors, colleagues, and
anyone else you can think of, and post it on your personal/work
websites, blogs, event listings, e-mail lists, Facebook pages, etc.

If you're willing to post flyers in the area around your home or work
(e.g., in cafes, bookstores, record shops, bars, etc), please download
the flyer from our website (www.countercorp.org/
2009_Festival_flyer.pdf) or e-mail us at
volunteers2009 at countercorp.org, and we'll make sure you get copies of
the flyer to put up.

And finally, please come to the Festival, buy a t-shirt, and/or make
a donation to help support it. CounterCorp is an all-volunteer
organization, and every contribution in any amount helps us to
organize Festival. You can donate online by selecting CounterCorp on
the drop-down menu at https://secure.groundspring.org/dn/index.php?id=695
.

Thanks as always for supporting CounterCorp in whatever way you can
-- we couldn't do any of this without you!

See you at the Festival,

John Wilner
Director